Monday, August 4, 2008

Paramount iP


When I purchased my iPhone, one of the first things I looked for was an app with which I could create artwork. I found a nice little program called 'NetSketch', written by a young college student by the name of Ben Gotow.

This painting is part of my 'Hollywood Backlots' series. The series began in 1977 when I started doing pencil sketches of interesting things I saw as I moved around the stages, backlots and locations in the movie industry. The pencil sketches changed to pen & ink, then to ink and watercolors. Paramount iP is my first series painting created on an iPhone using my index finger as an input device/paintbrush.

You can see an animation of the actual creation of the artwork by visiting NetSketch. More 'Hollywood Backlots' paintings can be seen by clicking on 'Gallery' at keni.com.

The sketch was done on the lot during my lunch time. The painting was completed at my home.

Thanks to Ben and the Apple folks for a unique painting experience.

I'd like to get your thoughts on this new art medium.

No comments: