Saturday, August 2, 2008

Juiz de Fora

I might have to stretch to call this a plein air painting. I was in the modern Brazilian city of Juiz de Fora. This was the view outside my hotel room window, which I painted under the watchful eye of my roommate.

Only recently did I start taking a camera with me when I travel. I had previously used only my paintings to record my steps. Finally, I realized that there was so much more I wanted to paint than what I could do on the run.

When I returned to Brazil several years later, I did as many paintings as I could, but those I couldn't get to, I caught with the camera. I haven't done any paintings from the photos yet, but some day I might.

1 comment:

Bigmomma76 said...

Thank you for sharing, I've always been a fan of your paintings,
I can relate to this painting (Juiz de Fora'')I can picture what you saw! I have a photo image of this site or something like it. I took when I was there in 2007