Saturday, August 16, 2008

Finger Painting


I love to be in the company of books, so I visit libraries and bookstores often. One of my favorite libraries is the Altadena Library, which happens to be close to my home.

I did this painting on my iPhone while in the library. I’m starting to get used to drawing with my finger. I takes me way back to my childhood when I reveled in finger painting. Nevertheless, I've ordered a stylus to see if it would bring a little more accuracy to the process.

The software I used is NetSketch. It is an outstanding app, but as you would expect for a version 1 application on a mobile phone, not as feature rich as my version 9 PhotoShop on my computer. So, I opened the NetSketch version in PhotoShop and did a some blurring and desaturation there. You can see the original artwork and the creation process of this painting at here.

As a plein air artist, you should not be afraid of experimenting with new techniques and technologies. Do you have experience in creating computer-based art?

No comments: