Thursday, July 31, 2008

Anthony


I usually paint architecture, but occasionally I will paint people.

I did this painting of Anthony, a laborer and himself an artist. We were working together on a film. I don't remember the title, but I do remember that we were working at Gower studios on Sunset Blvd. in Hollywood.

Anthony posed for me during our lunch time. It took fifteen or twenty minutes to complete this painting. This is one of the few paintings I used a pencil sketch instead of pen & ink. I prefer pen & ink because it forces me to be more decisive in my line work.

While I was working on the painting, I had an opportunity to learn from Anthony more about him and his family. I can say this with confidence; his wife and children are blessed to have him as husband and father.

No comments: